Senior Production Engineer
About The Role:
Polymer Labs is looking to establish inter-blockchain communication protocol (IBC) as a universal standard for web3 interoperability. We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Production Engineer with Operational Security background to join our company. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing highly secure, scalable, and reliable systems to support our rapidly growing platform. Web3 and blockchain experience is not required but is a strong plus.
- Develop and implement highly secure and scalable infrastructure for our platform.
- Design, write and deliver software and systems to increase product reliability and organizational efficiency.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure secure and efficient software delivery.
- Continuously monitor and improve system performance, security, and reliability.
- Work with decentralized validators across the world on protocol launch, monitoring and upgrades.
- Keep a complex system running and solve problems relating to mission-critical services.
- Develop and maintain operational procedures and documentation.
- Ensure 24/7 operation of the blockchain infrastructure.
What You Will Achieve:
- As you onboard, you will build a deep understanding of Polymer Lab’s core protocol and begin contributing to documentation of the product. You will have time to learn about the space, our customer’s needs, and the underlying technology.
- After onboarding, you will be fully integrated into the team and own the development of the CI/CD, cloud deployment, and monitoring infrastructure. Success looks like creating secure, smooth deployment processes and infrastructure, which are also easy for the open source community to use to foster Polymer adoption.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps, Production, or Infrastructure engineering.
- Strong background in operational security, including threat modeling, vulnerability management, and incident response.
- Experience with blockchain technologies and Web3 applications is a plus.
- Expertise in analyzing, monitoring, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Strong understanding of networking, system administration, and cloud infrastructure.
- Proficiency in programming languages (preferred: Go).
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with monitoring and logging tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, and ELK.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
About The Team:
- The engineering team is a diverse group of people with backgrounds working at a variety of both web2 and web3 organizations like Google, Uber, Chronosphere, Arista Networks, etc. Polymer Labs is a software development shop supporting the Polymer protocol and IBC (https://ibcprotocol.org/).
- Competitive salary, equity/token grants, incentive compensation
- Autonomous, distributed work environment collaborating with a diverse, global team
- Opportunity to shape and contribute to industry-disrupting infrastructure
- A place to openly learn bleeding edge innovation in a fast growing industry
- Health insurance coverage