Senior Software Engineer - Zero Knowledge
About the role
Do you want to work on perhaps the most powerful cryptographic technology to come out of the last decade? You will be a key early hire joining our ZK (zero knowledge, https://vitalik.ca/general/2021/01/26/snarks.html) R&D team. You will apply your experience in web2 on IBC (https://ibcprotocol.org/) and the ZK research. Web3, blockchain, and ZK experience are explicitly not required.
- You will work on our ZK proving system
- You will work on solving complex distributed systems and consensus problems at scale
- You will help to make our infrastructure and validator node architecture scale to meet the messaging needs of the crypto protocols using our platform
- You will work on large scale simulation testing and use results for performance optimization of things like the threshold cryptography implementations used internally
What you will achieve
In the first month, you will build a deep understanding of Polymer Lab’s core protocol and ZK systems and begin contributing to the product. You will have time to learn about the space, our customer’s needs, and the underlying technology.
Within 3 months, you will be fully integrated into the team and become a core contributor to the core protocol and a foundational member of the ZK team.
- 5+ years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, and with data structures/algorithms.
- Solid mathematical background
- Pre-existing experience on how to build high scale systems, data ingestion pipelines, or experience with building sophisticated application services
- The ability to independently own projects from inception to delivery (i.e. plan and gather requirements, collaborate with other team members)
- A passion for growing and up-leveling your peers, and have pre-existing mentoring experience and a nuanced view around how to help junior engineers grow
- Ability to manage time and focus on the critical path of a project
Something looks off?