Developer Relations / Advocate
About the role
You will be a key early hire joining our core blockchain engineering team focused on technical content writing. You will apply your experience in web2 on both OSS work around IBC (https://ibcprotocol.org/) and the core Polymer protocol. Web3 and blockchain experience is explicitly not required but is a strong plus.
- Consume and synthesize internal research and technical information to design, write, and publish operational procedures and manuals.
- Research, develop, and document technical specifications and test scripts.
- Write, edit, publish, and publicize high-level technical content in the form of blog posts and twitter threads with the ultimate goal of expanding the Polymer developer ecosystem
- Maintain a consistent style across external facing documentation.
- Work with external writers as an editor for accuracy in content
- Work on solving complex distributed systems and consensus problems at scale
- Write example code for integrations/usage of the Polymer system
What you will achieve
In the first month, you will build a deep understanding of Polymer Lab’s core protocol and begin contributing to documentation of the product. You will have time to learn about the space, our customer’s needs, and the underlying technology.
Within 2 months, you will be fully integrated into the team and establish the approach process of developer relations and publication of internal research. Success looks like sustainable growth and scaling the adoption of Polymer’s stack.
- An owner-mindset with the ability to quickly learn complex concepts and to lead the documentation and publication of these concepts
- Experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders excelling in an ambiguous, distributed work environment
- A self-starter, hands-on attitude that can handle ambiguity
- An understanding of how to interact with web3 applications as a user on multiple chains (NFT and DeFi on ETH, Sol, Cosmos, etc)
- The ability to independently own projects from inception to delivery (i.e. plan and gather requirements, collaborate with other team members)
- Pre-existing experience on how to build high scale systems and experience with building sophisticated application services
- A passion for growing and up-leveling your peers, and have pre-existing mentoring experience and a nuanced view around how to help junior engineers grow
- Ability to manage time and focus on the critical path of a project
- Experience with Go or C++, Java, C#, Rust
- Experience developing and or operating distributed systems at scale
- Experience with monitoring and alerting
- Experience with Linux and open source communities
About the team
The engineering team is a diverse group of people with backgrounds working at a variety of both web2 and web3 organizations like Google, Uber, Chronosphere, Arista Networks, Arbitrum and Bancor etc. Polymer Labs is a software development shop supporting the Polymer protocol and IBC (https://ibcprotocol.org/).
- Competitive salary, equity/token grants, incentive compensation
- Autonomous, distributed work environment collaborating with a diverse, global team
- Opportunity to shape and contribute to industry-disrupting infrastructure
- A place to openly learn bleeding edge innovation in a fast growing industry
- Health insurance coverage
- Free lunches**
Polymer Labs is an equal opportunity employer. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't line up exactly with the job description.
Something looks off?