Payment Operations Manager
Lightnet is a fintech company headquartered in Singapore. At Lightnet, we are working on the world’s most advanced cross border payments system. Lightnet has built a global network of Trusted Financial Services partners which provides the most interoperable, efficient, and cost-effective payments capability available today. We believe an inclusive ecosystem that bridges the gap between existing banking rails and non-bank financial institutions will increase profitability for all our partners and enable seamless cross-border transactions across the globe.
As part of our rapid expansion, Lightnet is now seeking an experienced Payments Operations Manager to join our team, out of Singapore. Lightnet’s Payment Operations team is responsible for all transactions and funds that move through our partners, our networks, and our internal systems. The Payment Operations team’s mission is to make payments efficient, effective, and economical for Lightnet and its relevant stakeholders.
As a Payment Operations Manager, you’ll be a vital member of the payment operations team responsible for enabling the payments business at the heart of Lightnet. Your focus, and that of the overall team, will be to help our payments business scale with ease and confidence.
Within Payment Operations, we partner with our external vendors, along with our peers in Product, Finance, Partnership, Treasury, Compliance, and other cross-functional areas as part of a continuous feedback loop, so that we can deliver the best possible payments experience for partners and people across the globe.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Collaborate and work together with Head of Payment Operations to further develop the Payments Operations team into a high performing team by executing and improvising operational processes, standards, and best practices that work flawlessly.
- Responsible for day-to-day payment operations processing – including report downloads, reconciliation between partners, and settlement with partners within the stipulated time frame set
- Support Business Partnership team and manage inquiries related to reconciliation, settlement, and transactions; and escalate to Head of Payment Operations should no response from relevant partners within internal agreed timeline.
- Work with relevant internal stakeholders and external partners to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a systematic and timely manner pertaining to payment related issues.
- Provide support from operational perspective pertaining to internal and/or external audits on their periodical and/or ad-hoc assessment.
- Involve in project related initiatives pertaining to Payment Operations and partner onboarding related initiatives to drive innovation and constantly improve the user experience.
- Support and work together with PMO team within Payment Operations and across the company as a subject matter expert on payments and operational matters; in user acceptance testing, etc until its successful system deployment and/or partner onboarding.
- Assist in keeping central updated documentation repository of all settlement and reconciliation processes, internal procedures, and financial risk register.
- Assist in any other payment operations as well as managing partners’ requirements pertaining to payment operations related matters as and when required.
- Minimum 5+ years of payment operations experience at a payments processor, financial institution/bank or fintech payments/ high-growth tech company.
- Exceptional collaborative and troubleshooting/deductive skills including the ability to engage in operational incidents with emerging data to assess impact and drive collaborative resolution in a swift manner.
- Ability to prioritize critical work and manage expectations, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth orientated environment.
- Ability to understand how the business operates and the upstream and downstream activities that impact and are impacted by the payment operations team.
- Strong project management and execution focus extremely organized and effective at time management.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a quantitative discipline such as Accounting or Finance or any equivalent industry experience.
- An affinity for systems thinking and continuous improvement.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, initiative and attention to detail.
- Strong research, critical thinking, problem-solving skills and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of economic, legal, regulatory, and technical factors shaping payments services and experience working with B2C technology, fintech, and/or payment services business are considered advantageous.
Submit Your Application
- You have errors in applying
Something looks off?