Business Development Manager
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, October 7, 2021
About the Company
Founded in 2018 by professors of Yale University and Columbia University, CertiK is a pioneer in blockchain security, utilizing best-in-class AI technology to secure and monitor blockchain protocols and smart contracts. CertiK’s mission is to secure the cyber world. Starting with blockchain, CertiK applies cutting-edge innovations from academia into enterprise, enabling mission-critical applications to be built with security and correctness.
CertiK is one of the fastest growing and most trusted companies in blockchain security and has become a true market leader. To date, we have collectively worked with over 1800 enterprise clients, helped secure over $310 billion worth of digital assets, and detected over 31,000 vulnerabilities in blockchain code. Our clients include leading projects such as Aave, Polygon, Binance Smart Chain, Terra, Yearn, and Chiliz.
CertiK just raised over $140 million and backed by Coatue, Tiger Global, Sequoia, and Hillhouse Capital.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced, results-driven Director of Brand Marketing to help us establish a strong brand strategy and collaborate with the executive team to set the long-term company vision for our emerging technologies. As a seasoned marketing professional, you will have major impact and responsibilities in growing the success of the company.
Applicants must have extensive experience in not only setting strategic vision, but also creating and executing on a thorough action plan to achieve that vision. This is a unique opportunity for someone to join the team and integrate marketing best practices into a heavily technical organization at the forefront of blockchain, cybersecurity, quantum research, and more.
Blockchain experience isn’t required, but the right individual will have prior experience in the emerging technologies space, including but not limited to AI, autonomous driving, and other deep tech. CertiK is a global organization, so experience in brand marketing on an international level is also a plus.
- Achieve assigned sales goals
- Research market and perform analyses to define offerings and identify potential new and target clients
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships
- Develop sales and marketing strategies to reach target markets
- Analyze competitors and their service offerings and identify opportunities to raise the profile of the practices and partners
- Identify and evaluate sponsorship and speaking opportunities at conferences and seminars, and ensure effective participation and ROI; support preparation and follow-up for these initiatives
- Work with the Product Management team to contribute to sales and marketing plans and product development
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or equivalent experience
- At least three years of experience in information technology related area
- At least three years of experience with scaling and managing marketing teams
- Ability to prioritize based on urgency, impact, and effort
- Exceptional communication skills
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Experience in crypto or blockchain industry
- Experience in global marketing
Target annual salary for this role performed in the US is $60,000 - $80,000.
The exact compensation at which this job is filled will be determined by the skills and experience of qualified candidates.
CertiK is proud to offer medical, vision, and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with company matching, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, HSA (with high deductible plan), FSA, and other benefits to all US based full-time employees, along with flexible paid time off and holidays.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
CertiK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
CertiK will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
All CertiK employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
See more open positions at CertiK
Something looks off?