Big Time Studios
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
A BIT ABOUT US
We are a bold new game studio with a mission to build cutting edge AAA entertainment for the 21st century. Our team are veterans in the fields of online games, social games and crypto from EA, Epic Games,Riot, Blizzard, Sony, EA and Decentraland. We are fully funded and building a dream team of A-players who want to work with the best of the best and take their careers to the next level.
We are seeking a scrappy hands-on Lead Level Designer and Content Designer to contribute to the design and development of a brand new IP. This is a full-time, remote position that can be done from anywhere in the world with a good internet connection.
- Own the creation and delivery of a “AAA” game world experience.
- Designing, developing, and polishing game levels including level layout, enemy encounters, puzzles, and unique gameplay.
- Work closely with our creative teams to shape our world building efforts to ensure game levels have cutting edge features, are creatively entertaining, and well balanced.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game production and development, providing constructive insight and feedback when needed.
- Have 2 years minimum hands on experience in the entertainment industry as a level designer/content designer.
- Experience with level and encounter design in at least one shipped game using the Unreal 4 Editor.
- Have a great understanding and ability to create engaging encounter experiences end to end.
- Must love games.
- Experience working with RPG and online multiplayer games.
- Experience with procedurally generated level systems.
- Experience with multiplayer co-op encounter design.
- Experience using game scripting language (Blueprint, Python, Lua, etc).
- Experience working on a distributed team spread across several time zones.
What We Offer
- Fully remote work, with a yearly company offsite.
- Experience working with gaming veterans who’ve created titles with a gross aggregate revenue of over $10B USD.
- Flexible 20 days off PTO (holidays + local national holidays).
- Experience creating a new IP with franchise potential.