Senior Finance Manager
Big Time Studios
Accounting & Finance
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2023
A BIT ABOUT US
We are a bold new game studio with a mission to build cutting-edge AAA entertainment for the 21st century. Our team are veterans in the fields of online games, social games, and crypto from Riot Games, Epic Games, Insomniac, Blizzard, EA, and Decentraland. We are fully funded and building a dream team of A-players who want to work with the best of the best and take their careers to the next level.
We’re looking for a Senior Finance Manager who will be responsible for managing and providing financial information in compliance with the applicable statutory requirements and management needs. The ideal candidate is an experienced accounting and finance professional with audit and international working experience in handling companies in multiple jurisdictions and a strong knowledge of the US GAAP and IFRS. This role is ideal for someone who has a keen interest in web3 and its impact on online gaming and is comfortable working in a small team in a start-up environment.
- Perform day-to-day accounting operations, including accounts receivables, accounts payables, payroll, vendor/consultant liaison, and banking and crypto wallet tracking
- Own and manage the general ledger, including daily transaction coding, chart of accounts structuring, balance sheet reconciliations, intercompany reconciliations, and everything in between
- Perform month-end closing, including the production of financial reports and management reports, variance analyses, consolidated financials, and annual reports.
- Plan and manage the audit process
- Set and safeguard the internal control process
- Control the budget and analyze & manage the financial results and planning
- Apply technical accounting expertise to ensure compliance with and efficient application of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Work with the tax agents to ensure compliance with all applicable tax filing and payments
- Liaise, support, and work cross-functionally with People Operations, Legal, Compliance, and Business Operations regularly
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related fields with Certified Public Accountant designation
- 7+ years of audit experience at Big 4 accounting firms
- Strong knowledge and technical accounting capabilities of the US GAAP and IFRS
- Strong knowledge and experience in setting and managing the internal control standard and governance
- Meticulous professional and a good communicator
- Self-starter with a passion and curiosity in blockchain & gaming.
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of cryptocurrencies and blockchain applications
- Experience with international corporate groups
- Experience with the financial planning and business driver-based financial analysis
WHAT WE OFFER
- Fully remote work, with a yearly company offsite
- Experience working with gaming veterans of game titles with gross aggregate revenue of well over $10B USD
- Unlimited PTO
- Experience creating a new IP with franchise potential.