Sr Technical Designer - Unreal
Big Time Studios
Posted on Saturday, April 1, 2023
A BIT ABOUT US
We are a bold new game studio with a mission to build cutting edge AAA entertainment for the 21st century. Our team are veterans in the fields of online games, social games and crypto from Riot Games, Epic Games, Insomniac, Blizzard, EA and Decentraland. We are fully funded and building a dream team of A-players who want to work with the best of the best and take their careers to the next level. See press coverage: Bloomberg, VentureBeat, CoinDesk.
As Sr Technical Game Designer, you will lead the design and development of AAA products. You will be driving the design for key systems including combat, AI and player progression. Working hands-on with the team, you will be implementing content and helping playtest, tune, debug the game utilizing a combination of creative and technical design skills. This is a full-time, remote position that can be done from anywhere in the world.
- Take ownership of rapid gameplay prototyping and contributing to overall game balance in a highly iterative process.
- Collaborate with Design, Engineering, Art and Audio team members to create fun and visually compelling gameplay.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game production and development, providing constructive insight and feedback when needed.
- 5+ years of game design experience.
- Strong experience with RPGsystems design as well as tuning and balancing combat, loot and AI.
- Hands-on experience with Unreal Engine 4 including Blueprints.
- Shipped at least two AAA quality video games for PC or Console.
- Strong multi-tasker, attention to detail and able to work with deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Must love games!
- Experience with free-to-play mechanics, metrics and monetization.
- Understanding of crypto and crypto-enabled scarcity for virtual items.
- Experience working with MMO or online multiplayer games.
- Experience working on a distributed team spread across several time zones.
- Huge fan of MMO and Action RPG games!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Fully remote work, with a yearly company offsite.
- Experience working with gaming veterans from multiple billion dollar gaming franchises.
- Flexible PTO, per region.
- Experience creating a new IP with franchise potential.
See more open positions at Big Time Studios
Something looks off?